Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is Elraen again, coming to bore you with a report of yesterday!

No, really yesterday was actually pretty cool. We kicked off with a writer’s workshop in three sections. I was sitting at a table with Kal, EveningStar, ChildoftheKing, Telpe, Kryos, Wolfsong, and Caspian. It was so much fun! Mangy started by talking about dialogue. That was really neat, especially because I love dialogue!

After that Twinkie talked about poetry, which I also really enjoyed. It was funny to be sitting across from Wolfsong, because he kept adding to what she was saying under his breath.

We ate lunch, and then Nia talked about action. We got to pair up and each write an action scene together. This was the hardest for me, as I am character driven rather than plot driven. Child and I wrote an incredibly lame piece of work, but it was fun.

After that most of the mooters went to play dodge ball at Legolas’s. I’m afraid I can’t give you an account of that, as I am an actor in the moot play and had to stay at the church to practice. I didn’t mind though. It was amazing to finally be able to practice will all of the actors. The Ferns stayed with us so they could give Mar a ride when we were done. It was fun to watch them laugh, as they hadn’t seen it before. Nia and Twinkie seemed fairly pleased with our performance, which is a very good thing. Mar is absolutely brilliant in his part (but I knew that much). Muzik stayed with us for a while to get the technical bits worked out. Everyone, if you haven’t taken the time to get to know him at least a little, you should. He’s so much fun!

After that we all gathered at Mrs. Paul’s house for dinner. I was rather out of it by this point, so someone else will have to talk about that in detail. We practiced the play again and the commercials all practiced too. Mrs. Paul gave each one of us a DragonKeeper shirt. I’m so excited! Now I have two, in different designs.

Today we’re meeting at Mangy’s, going to eat lunch with the amazing Mrs. Paul, and then taking off for the moot play. Wish us luck with that. We’ll need it.

-Elraen-

P.S. If you hear the phrase “CCreeps,” it’s something Eowyn coined. And believe me, about 99% of the time it’s very fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment