Been thinking a lot today about...cliches. About what makes a cliche and what isn't a cliche. Is saving the world a cliche? Because it's different every time it's saved. One time from a disease, another time (often in the case of James Bond) from one big, mean, bad nasty machine.
My sister said something one time. I asked her if something I wrote was cliched and she said, "Midget, no matter what you write it will be a cliche. Because every idea has been done at one time or another because of the age we're in."
Hehe, got me thinking. I have wondered also how can every idea be taken?
Well, there is my first entry, kind of a weird ramble...hehe. :p
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for posting, MM! I'm so glad you're a part of the "blogging crew." Now, where's Eowyn? ;o)
ReplyDeleteI think the Bible says something to the effect of "there's nothing new under the sun," and that was written quite some time ago. Stories and events have been repeating for eons! It's our job as writers to present them in a new and fresh way.
Hehe, thank you for having me! :D
ReplyDeleteReally? Cool. Sometimes it's har dthough, because it seems that even every way is taken. hehe. :p
Yep. Here it is: Ecclesiastes 1:9
ReplyDelete"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."
I agree that it's hard to find a new way. But that's part of the fun of being a writer, right? Figuring out how to be new and fresh...?