Monday, July 9: Game Day, Moot Band Concert
CASPIAN ARRIVAL at 12:38 pm (COS)
MIGHTIMIDGET & MOM ARRIVAL at 2:28 PM (COS)
Noon to 3 p.m. : Airport and Games
5:00 p.m.: Dinner at Mangy’s
Pizza from Papa Murphy’s, Fruit cobbler
7:00 p.m.: Moot “Open Concert” at Mangy’s
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened on Saturday:
I just realized that I forgot to update the blog yesterday. :oops: We (Rasi, Silvereagle, NarniaPrincess, Child, my husband, Julie, Everest, and I) went to Red Rock Canyon in the late morning and met Puella's Journey and her mom, plus Blue Monkey, Yellow Leader (and their parents), and Wolfsong and his mom as well. Wow! Can you believe so many CPeeps were in the same place?
We went for a nice hike up to the quarry where we had lunch and got to listen to Rasi play her ocarina in the serene setting of red rocks. Lovely! Afterwards, we hiked back down to a small lake and took turns reading our writing out loud to one another. Very, very cool.
We returned to my place for a spahgetti and meatballs dinner. (Child and I stayed up until 2 a.m. rolling meatballs on Friday night!) Following dinner, we went to Panera Bread where we attempted to write, but did more talking and laughing. But that's okay. I mean, how often do you get to hang out with so many CleanPlace members?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened on Sunday:
Whoa. What a day! We started with the students' service at 9:00 at Pulpit Rock Church. Very fun! I learned that Wolfsong likes to sign during worship. We came home from that and had some leftover spaghetti for lunch. We then had two uproarious game sessions--Cranium (in which Wolfsong, Puella, and Silver's team won) and Beyond Balderdash (in which Wolfsong took us all out).
Shortly after the last game, Rivus and his mom arrived. We chatted for a little while, then headed over to Panera Bread for more writing! This time, we did do a LOT of writing--timed writings with prompts provided for inspiration. Watch the Library after the Moot for our 10-minute stories. ;o)
We came home from Panera and most everyone went outside to do some swordfighting with Silver's samurai swords and working out some details about the play. Supposedly, there are some pictures, but I think somebody forgot about taking them! :grr: Anyhoo...they are planning on playing with swords later in the week, so hopefully we can get some footage and photos then.
Everyone came in for French dip/roast beef sandwiches, salad, and cookies. Oh, yum! Then, after much chatting and standing about, all the teens went to Yellow Leader's house to watch Final Fantasy (one of Silver's DVDs). Wolfsong and Rivus did some impromptu musical compositions together. Wow--we have some talent on CP!
During the movie time, Child's mom and I went to WalMart to restock the pantry and fridge and had a great chat too. I hope I can keep in email contact with her after the Moot as well. :o)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now: Silver and Child are sitting on the futon writing in their Moot journals while Rasi has fallen asleep right on the floor. :oops: Whew! What a day. And tomorrow is going to be just as exciting. I tell you, I have been thrilled at the way each day has turned out so far. To quote something Rivus said today, "The Moot is so much better than I thought it would be!" Meaning that he thought it would be awkward and weird, but actually, we are interacting quite naturally like we've known each other for years. It's a most awesome feeling that I really can't put into words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I noticed you never updated yesterday. :6:
ReplyDeleteI kept coming back to the blog thinking, "Has Mangy updated yet? Has Mangy updated yet?" :oops:
Glad y'all are having so much fun!
I'm glad y'all are having so much fun...I REALLY hope I can go next year. I'll be saving up money :ninja: I love reading about what y'all are doing.
ReplyDelete